Infant rushed to hospital after being scalded by hot drink

A baby boy has suffered burns to his chest after being scalded by a hot drink.

The incident occurred at home at Upper Coomera just after 7.25am.

A Queensland Ambulance spokesperson says its alleged a hot drink was accidentally knocked over, causing partial burns to the infant’s chest.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


A critical care paramedic treated the child at the scene before transporting him to Gold Coast University hospital in a stable condition.