A Gold Coast barber has been badly damaged after a fire broke out in the early hours of this morning.
Several Fire and Emergency Service crews rushed to the Don Traditional Barber Shop on Ferry Road in Southport just after 2.00am on Sunday, following reports smoke was seen billowing from the business.
A QFES spokesperson told myGC the blaze was “well involved” when crews arrived on scene.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The fire was put out within 20 minutes, however it’s understood two other nearby businesses also sustained some damage as a result of the blaze.
The scene has been taped off by police as investigations into what sparked the blaze continue.
Fire investigators and police remain on scene this morning.