THE brand new iPhone 6 will reportedly be unveiled to the world on September 9th.
Recode reports Apple has scheduled a big media event on that date, with the phone set to be the focal point.
The tech giant has a track record of announcing new phones in early to mid September.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Apple has yet to comment on whether it reveal the phone at the media event.
They are also remaining tight-lipped about the new phone, however here is a list of rumoured features:
• Two Sizes – There will be a 4.7-inch and a 5.5-inch model.
• Bigger screen – The screen will go to the edge of the device.
• Curved Edges – It will have a rounder design, with curved edges.
• Thinner body – The body will be similar to the iPod touch and be thinner than the current iPhone 5S.
• Lighter – It will be lighter because it is thinner.
• Sleek and Glossy – The screen and body will have a glossy finish.
• Scratch resistant screen – It’s believed the screen will be made of sapphire glass, which is more scratch resistant than the material used on older devices.
• Better camera – The camera will have more megapixels and better technology to help users take clearer photos when moving.
• Front camera placement – The front-facing camera will be on the left-side of the ear speaker, not above the earpiece as it is on the iPhone 5.
Along with the rumoured features, Online bookmaker Sportsbet.com.au have revealed Australians have already started to place bets on how much the new device will cost.
A RRP price between $1001 – $1100 is currently the favourite at $1.80, and a price tag between $901 – $1000 the second favourite at $2.10.
“Let’s be honest, they could probably put a few more zeros on at the end of any price and people would still pay it. For over $1000, lets hope the iPhone 6 has some pretty handy upgrades, otherwise we might have to do a market on how many people return them!” said sportsbet.com.au’s Shaun Anderson.
iPhone 6 Australian RRP (Market courtesy of sportsbet.com.au):
$9.00 – Under $800
$6.00 – $800 – $900
$2.10 – $901 – $1000
$1.80 – $1001 – $1100
$8.00 – Over $1100