Local legend offers to fix punctured tyres from M1 screw spill

A generous Gold Coast tyre company has come to the rescue of more than two dozen car owners who fell victim to a major screw spill on the Pacific Motorway yesterday.

The chaos unfolded around 2.30pm on Tuesday, when a vehicle is believed to have lost a large box of screws while travelling southbound on the M1 between Springwood and Oxenford.

As a result, more than 25 vehicles were forced to pull over on the side of the motorway after suffering flat tyres from unknowingly driving over the shrapnel.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Trevor from Southport Budget Tyres on the Gold Coast saw the news and immediately put his hand up to help those affected, posting a call-out on Facebook.

“Anyone on the M1 this afternoon who sustained a punctured tyre will receive free tyre repairs, just inbox us for info,” the Ferry Road business wrote.

Speaking to Moyra and Baggs from 1029 Hot Tomato this afternoon, the Good Samaritan said he was shocked at the amazing response he received.

“I saw it all on Facebook and I thought to myself maybe put up a post and just see how many people we can sort of help out and its been pretty insane,” he told the popular afternoon drive show.

“We’ve had about 150 inboxes since last night and we’ve already done about 25 cars already today.”

When asked how severe the damage to the tyres was, Trevor said about 70 per cent of the tyres have been salvaged, while the other 30 per cent have been “in pieces” and irreparable.

Puncture repairs for tyres is usually around $30 to $45, but Trevor said he was just “happy to help”.

Thankfully his kind gesture has not gone unnoticed, with hundreds of people taking to Facebook to praise the local legend for giving up his time.

“This didn’t affect me. But I’ll be coming to you to get my Tyres done!” one woman wrote.

“Wow! You guys are awesome….I’ll be coming to you for tyres in the future,” commented another.

⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔ SPECIAL OFFER⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔⛔

ANYONE ON THE M1 THIS AFTERNOON WHO SUSTAINED A PUNCTURED TYRE WILL RECEIVE FREE TYRE REPAIRS ✅

JUST INBOX US FOR INFO 📥

Posted by Southport Budget Tyres on Monday, November 23, 2020

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments