Man accused of filming dozens of young boys in Gold Coast toilet

A man has been charged with a staggering 85 offences after police allegedly uncovered dozens of videos of young boys using a public toilet in one of the Gold Coast’s most popular suburbs.

Detectives from the Gold Coast Child Protection and Investigation Unit first launched an investigation after receiving reports a child had been filmed while using a toilet at a shopping centre at Burleigh Heads in August last year.

“It is alleged an 11-year-old boy entered the toilet cubicle at a shopping complex at Burleigh Heads when he noticed a mobile phone filming him under the wall of the next cubicle,” Qld police said.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


“He immediately left the toilets and notified his mother.”

Ongoing inquiries into the frightening incident led detectives to a home in Highland Park, where they made the shock discovery after seizing a mobile phone.

“It is alleged 85 separate recordings of males, including juveniles, all using the same toilet facility were located,” police said.

The recordings are alleged to have occurred between April 2018 and August 2019.

A 34-year-old Highland Park man has since been charged with 85 counts of observations and recordings in breach of privacy.

He is due to face Southport Magistrates Court on June 18.

Police say investigations are ongoing.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments