A MAN has been arrested and charged over the alleged gunpoint robbery of a hotel and the attempted robbery of a tavern on the Gold Coast.
The 31-year-old Ashmore man is alleged to have used a gun to rob a hotel in Surfers Paradise on 10 October.
The man is then alleged to have tried robbing a tavern at Hope Island on 22 October, again, allegedly armed with a gun.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
While attempting to flee the tavern, the man allegedly crashed his getaway vehicle in Coombabah.
The man has since been charged with a total of 19 offences, including:
- armed robbery;
- attempted robbery;
- enter premises with intent to commit indictable offence;
- enter premises with intent to commit indictable offence by break;
- serious assault with intent to commit crime or resist arrest;
- unlawful possession of weapons used to commit indictable offence; and
- dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.
He is due to face Southport Magistrates Court tomorrow. Investigations are continuing.