A man has been charged over the alleged repeated sexual assault of a young boy known to him.
The 56-year-old was taken into custody on Monday following a two year investigation.
In 2015, Detectives commenced an investigation after receiving reports a teenage boy was sexually and indecently assaulted by a man known to him between 1983 and 1986 in Gunnedah.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Police have since charged the man with 20 historical child sex offences, including:
* Eight counts of sexual assault (Cat 4) assault and act of indecency person under 16,
* Six counts of sexual assault (Cat 4) assault and indecent act person between 14 and 16;
* Three counts of sexual assault (Cat 3) – person under 16;
* Two counts of sexual assault (Cat 4) incite indecent act person between 14 and 16; and,
* Attempt sexual assault (Cat 3) – person under 16.
He remains in custody to appear at Tamworth Local Court on Monday 28 August.