A MAN has been arrested and charged over a number of brazen burglaries in Sydney’s Inner West.
The 27-year-old man is accused of breaking into a Cabarita Road home in Cabarita around 6.15am on Wednesday 26 October.
Armed with a garden tool, the man allegedly stole several watches worth more than $700 from the home.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
A few minutes later, the man allegedly broke into a second home on McDonald Street in Mortlake where it’s alleged he assaulted a 54-year-old woman and stole her handbag.
Police were called and swiftly arrested the 27-year-old man on nearby Tennyson Road.
He was taken to Burwood Police Station where he was charged with a long list of offences, including:
- Two counts of aggravated break and enter and commit serious indictable offence;
- use offensive weapon to commit indictable offence;
- armed with intent to commit indictable offence;
- two counts of possess housebreaking implements;
- possess prohibited drug;
- resist officer in execution of duty;
- dispose property theft-serious indictable offence; and
- robbery armed with offensive weapon, and break and enter dwelling house with intent.
He was refused bail to appear in Burwood Local Court on Wednesday 11 January 2017.