Man charged with murder of schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer in induced coma

UPDATE @ 10.20am 21.09.16 | The man charged with the murder of his foster daughter, Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer, is reportedly in an induced coma.

The 56-year-old was admitted to the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane overnight after he collapsed whilst being formally charged with murdering the 12-year-old and interfering with her corpse.

He was due to appear in court today, however the case has now been adjourned until December 21.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


A 19-year-old man who has also been charged over the schoolgirls death is expected to apply for bail in Beenleigh Magistrates Court today.

He is facing charges of two counts of perjury and one count each of attempting to pervert the course of justice and incest.

A 54-year-old woman and 20-year-year-old man are due in court on October 10, each charged with one count each of perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

UPDATE @ 4.30am 21.09.16 | The wife and son of Tiahleigh Palmer’s foster father have now been charged following the investigation in to the Logan schoolgirl’s death.

Police confirmed on Tuesday night that a 20-year-old man and a 54-year-old woman have both been charged with one count each of perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

They will appear in court on October 10.

This comes after Tiahleigh’s foster father was yesterday charged with murder and interfering with a corpse.

A 19-year-old man was also charged yesterday with two counts of perjury and one count each of attempting to pervert the course of justice and incest.

They will both appear before the Beenleigh Magistrates Court today.

UPDATE @ 4:30pm: Tiahleigh Palmer’s foster father has been charged with the  schoolgirl’s murder.

The 56-year-old was charged this afternoon after being taken into police custody.

A 19-year-old man has also been charged with incest, perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice over her death.

EARLIER @ 1.45pm: A 56-year-old man has been formally charged with the murder of Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer.

The man was taken into custody this morning just hours after police addressed the media, revealing the investigation was at a crucial stage.

The man has been denied police bail and has been remanded in custody to appear in the Beenleigh Magistrates Court tomorrow.

A 54-year-old woman and two young men, aged 19 and 20, are currently assisting police with investigations after also being taken into custody this morning.

All four are known to each other.

South Eastern Regional Crime Coordinator Superintendent Kerry Johnson said detectives had been working for 11 months towards this outcome.

“A team of dedicated detectives and police officers from the Homicide Group and the Logan District have been working long and endless hours to locate those responsible for her death,” Detective Superintendent Johnson said.

“Make no mistake, this is an investigation that is close to the hearts of all officers whose sole aim was to bring her alleged killer to justice.

“The QPS values its relationship with the media and recognises that a strong two-way partnership is vital in order to appeal for public’s help in solving crime.

“We want to thank them and the public for their assistance in this matter.

I also want to particularly thank the Crime and Corruption Commission for their continuing support and assistance.”

Tiahleigh was last seen alive at Marsden State High School around 8.10am on October 30, 2015. Her body was discovered on the banks of the Pimpama River six days later on November 5, 2015.

UPDATE @ 12.45pm: Logan police have confirmed that they have arrested a 56-year-old man over the murder of Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer.

The man was lead into the back of a police van a short time ago, and is currently on his way to the Beenleigh watch-house to be formally charged with the 12-year-old’s murder, Detective Inspector Damien Hansen confirmed.

He is due to appear in Beenleigh court tomorrow.

WATCH:

A 54-year-old woman, and two young men, aged 17 and 19, are currently assisting police with their enquiries.

EARLIER @ 11.30am: FOUR people have been taken into custody in relation to the murder of Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer.

The developments come just hours after police addressed the media, revealing the investigation was at a crucial stage.

“Detectives have today taken four people into custody as part of their investigation into the homicide of Tiahleigh Palmer,” police confirmed in a statement.

“A short time ago, a woman aged 54, as well as three men aged 19, 20 and 56 were taken into custody by officers attached to Operation North Mizzen – a joint Homicide and Logan District investigation.”

Police said all four are known to each other and were located at various addresses in Logan.

They are currently assisting police with their enquiries.

Tiahleigh was last seen alive at Marsden State High School around 8.10am on October 30, 2015. Her body was discovered on the banks of the Pimpama River six days later on November 5, 2015.

EARLIER @ 10.25am: Police have this morning addressed the media in relation to the murder of schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer.

Detective Inspector Damien Hansen revealed the 11-month investigation is currently at a crucial stage and stated that police will be providing updates later today.

WATCH:

Tia’s mother took to social media earlier making statements about certain critical aspects of the investigation.

It is understood she was instructed by police to remove her posts.

As a result of a plea from detectives for media not to report on these matters MyGC has also removed them from our story.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments