Man dies in sleep after using BBQ coals to heat up bedroom

A MAN has tragically died in his sleep from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning after trying to heat up his Sydney home using BBQ coals on Friday night.

The 29-year-old man was found dead in bed by his brother at a Greystanes home on Old Prospect Road at about 7.40pm.

After attempting to rouse his brother without success, the man and a friend conveyed the 29-year-old to Westmead Hospital where he was sadly pronounced dead.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Forensic specialists examined the body and attended the Greystanes home where they examined the deceased’s bedroom and found a frying pan full of BBQ coals, otherwise known as ‘heat-beads’, located next to the bed which were being fanned by an electric heater.

A post mortem examination will be conducted as investigators continue with their inquiries.

A report outlining the full circumstances surrounding the man’s death will be prepared for the information of the Coroner.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments