Man electrocuted, children hospitalised following house fire in NSW

A man has been electrocuted and three children, including a baby, have been taken to hospital following a house fire in Sydney’s south-west.

Emergency crews were called to the house ablaze on Edensor Road in Cabramatta West just after 12.30am this morning.

On arrival, crews learned that six children, aged between 12 months and 14, had already evacuated.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


A 22-year-old man who police said is related to some of the children was found injured outside the home.

He reportedly suffered an electric shock after a set of power lines toppled onto a fence in the front yard.

He was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to Liverpool Hospital in a stable condition.

Three of the six children were also treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

They too were taken to Liverpool Hospital, but only as a precaution.

Firefighters managed to contain the blaze to one area of the house.

The dwelling was partially destroyed.

Investigators believe the fire started from a heater.

Police said the blaze is not being treated as suspicious.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments