Man hospitalised after ‘cooking’ catches fire in Biggera Waters

A man has been hospitalised after a small fire broke out in the kitchen of a home on the Gold Coast this morning.

Emergency crews were called to a house on Oleander Avenue in Biggera Waters around 6.00am, following reports “smoke was emitting from a residence”.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Service spokesperson told myGC a man was cooking, when it caught alight.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


It was only minor, with the fire out by the time fire crews arrived on scene.

The man was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation before being taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital in a stable condition

Subscribe
Notify of
2 Comments
oldest
newest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

No doubt cooking on high setting with oil….

Lee, that is an assumption on your part. You do not know for sure. You could be very wrong.