Man hospitalised after fire breaks out in Gold Coast bedroom

Fire crews have rushed to a home on the northern Gold Coast after an early morning blaze broke out.

It’s understood the fire erupted at a home on Taylor Street in Biggera Waters around 7.30am.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Service spokesperson told myGC the blaze started in the bedroom, with two fire crews called to the scene.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


It took them about 15 minutes to bring the flames under control, with the fire extinguished by around 7.50am.

PHOTO: Supplied

It’s not yet known what sparked the inferno, with a fire investigator expected to head to the scene today.

One man, whose age is not known, was treated by paramedics after suffering smoke inhalation.

He has since been taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital in a stable condition.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments