A man’s been rushed to hospital after a nasty workplace incident in Southport.
Emergency services were called to Nerang Street just before midday, following reports a man in his 30s had suffered burns.
It’s understood a gas bottle exploded in his arms, causing burns to his face and arms.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
He was rushed to the Gold Coast University Hospital with the high acuity response team on board.
He’s believed to be in a serious condition.
#Update – one patient was transported to the Gold Coast University Hospital in a serious condition with burns to the face and arms after a reported gas bottle explosion at a workplace in #Southport. The high acuity response paramedics were on board for transport.
— Queensland Ambulance (@QldAmbulance) June 5, 2020