Man injured in fireplace accident in Gold Coast home

An elderly man has been rushed to hospital with burns after being injured at a home in Ashmore.

Emergency services were called to the home on Cran St around 3.50pm on Tuesday.

It’s understood the man’s injuries were suffered from a fireplace inside the home.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


The man in his 70s was treated at the scene for burns to his chest.

He has since been transported to the Gold Coast University Hospital in a serious but stable condition.

A QFES spokesperson says the blaze was contained to the fireplace and no further action was required by fire crews.