Man injured in gas bottle explosion on Gold Coast

A man has suffered burns after a gas bottle exploded on the northern Gold Coast.

Emergency services were called to a private residence in Ormeau following the explosion just before 8pm on Thursday night.

The man in his 40s suffered multiple superficial burns to his face and upper body.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


He was treated on the scene by paramedics.

The man was later transported to the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital in a stable condition for further treatment.

A critical care paramedic accompanied the man while he was taken to Brisbane.

It’s not clear what sparked the explosion.