A MAN has died after he tried to launch a firework off the top of his head.
Devon Staples, 22, was celebrating the fourth of July holiday in the US and had been setting off fireworks at a friends home when the tragedy occurred.
It is alleged Mr Staples placed a firework mortar tube on his head and set it off, dying instantly.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
It was reported Staples was joking around at the time and did not intend to set off the firework.
“He was holding a lighter and it accidentally caused the firework to go off,” a witness said.
Police said the friends had been drinking alcohol before the accident.