Man suffers burns in chemical explosion at Gold Coast restaurant

UPDATE @ 10.00 AM | It’s been revealed a hotplate and methylated spirits caused a chemical explosion at a Burleigh Heads restaurant overnight.

Emergency crews were called to the restaurant on the Gold Coast Highway about 10.15pm.

Upon arrival, they found a 41-year-old man with superficial burns to his face and arms.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Queensland Ambulance Supervisor Jayney Shearman told myGC the man was trying to clean a hotplate with methylated spirits when it ignited.

He was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital.

He’s in a stable condition.

EARLIER @ 7.00 AM | A MAN has been rushed to hospital with serious burns after a chemical exploded at a restaurant on the Gold Coast overnight.

Emergency crews were called to the eatery on the Gold Coast Highway at Burleigh Heads about 10.15pm on Thursday.

A Queensland Ambulance spokesperson said one person, a man aged in his 40s, suffered burns to his face and arms in the explosion.

He was treated at the scene before being taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital, where he remains in a stable condition.

A QAS spokesperson told myGC that a critical care paramedic was on board for the transport.

Workplace Health and Safety have been advised of the incident.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments