A man has been rushed to hospital after a unit erupted into flames on the southern Gold Coast this morning.
Half a dozen fire crews rushed to the first-storey apartment on Rolan Court in Palm Beach just after 10.00am.
Upon arrival, they found the unit fully engulfed in flames and immediately leapt into action.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
A Queensland Fire and Emergency Service spokesperson told myGC it took crews around one hour to extinguish the blaze.
Thankfully it did not spread to any neighbouring properties.
One man, aged in his 40s, suffered burns to his head and face in the inferno.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital in a stable condition.
The QFES spokesperson said it’s not yet known what sparked the blaze, with a fire investigator expected to head to the scene today.
One person has been rushed to #GoldCoast University Hospital with head and facial burns.
— 9News Gold Coast (@9NewsGoldCoast) May 20, 2021