A MAN has been rushed to hospital in a critical condition with burns to almost his entire body after becoming trapped in a burning building in Sydney’s south.
The 39-year-old was asleep in a granny flat at the rear of a house on San Remo Avenue in Gymea when the flat went up in flames just after 1.30am.
Emergency services arrived to find the man trapped inside the inferno.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The 39-year-old sustained extensive “full and partial” burns to 70 percent of his body.
He was taken to Royal North Shore Hospital where he remained this morning, in a critical condition.
It is not yet clear what sparked the blaze.
The house has been declared a crime scene and has been examined by forensic investigators.
Anyone with information that could assist police with their investigation is urged to come forward.