Firefighters have spent much of the night battling a massive blaze at a recycling centre in Logan.
The blaze broke out at the Visy facility along Magnesium Drive at Crestmead around 9.30pm on Sunday.
A number of fire crews were called to battle the “substantial fire”, which saw plumes of thick black smoke inundate the suburb.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Residents in the area were advised to close all of their windows and doors until the flames were out at around 11.30pm.
Fortunately, no one was injured.
“Paramedics are now clear and did not transport any patients from a protracted fire earlier at Crestmead,” Queensland Ambulance said.
Fire investigators will head to the scene this morning to try and work out what sparked the blaze.