The NRL Integrity Unit has launched an investigation after video emerged of Melbourne Storm star Nelson Asofa-Solomona involved in a brawl in Bali.
The prop returned to Australia on Monday morning ahead of a meeting with club officials following the release of the footage late on Sunday.
The video appeared to show him throwing a number of punches during the fight, which started outside a nightclub before spilling onto the street.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Asofa-Solomona had been holidaying with a number of other players in Bali as part of off-season celebrations.
“My side of the story will be told soon,” Asofa-Solomona told the Seven Network on arriving at Melbourne airport on Monday.
It’s understood there are no investigations underway with local law enforcement.
The Storm earlier confirmed on Sunday night that a matter had been referred to the integrity unit.
“Melbourne Storm has reported an incident involving a member of our NRL squad currently on holidays in Bali to the NRL’s integrity unit,” the club said in a statement.
“Storm has launched a full investigation into what has occurred.
“Storm takes these type of incidents very seriously and will not be making any further public comment at this time.”
The @NRL is facing a fresh scandal less than two weeks into the off season. @storm prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona was filmed throwing punches in a violent street brawl during the team's end of season trip to Bali. The 23-year-old has just landed in Melbourne. https://t.co/bNY46f57Qb pic.twitter.com/pcMPXZTekq
— 7NEWS Melbourne (@7NewsMelbourne) October 13, 2019