Police have revealed more than 140 people have been left “very disappointed” after they were refused entry to the sunshine state following Queensland’s hard border closure.
The lockdown kicked in at at 1.00am, banning everyone from NSW, the ACT and Victoria from entering the state.
Tweed and Gold Coast residents can still move freely between the two cities, however they will need to have a special X-border pass, which locals can apply for online here.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Chief Superintendent Mark Wheeler told reporters on the Gold Coast on Saturday that 142 vehicles had already been refused since the border ban came into force.
He said 18 Queenslanders were among those, revealing they were particularly disappointed they had missed the deadline.
It means they will now need to fly home and quarantine at their own expense.
While everything is up and running smoothly now, he said unfortunately it was one of those things that was out of their control.
He again urged people to be patient, and said “
As of 12.30pm on Saturday, traffic was flowing pretty smoothly at all border checkpoints.
It comes as Queensland recorded no new cases of coronavirus today, marking the state’s sixth day in a row of being COVID-free.