POLICE are reminding Gold Coast motorists a number of roads around Broadbeach will be closed for the Blues on Broadbeach music festival from Wednesday.
More than 17,000 spectators are expected to attend this year’s event which runs from Thursday to Sunday.
Major Events Group Inspector Mat Rosevear said police will be present during the four-day event.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“Officers will be out and about to ensure everyone is having a safe and enjoyable time and that there are only minimal disruptions to businesses and local residents.”
Police have also warned they will be monitoring and addressing any antisocial behaviour, particularly in regard to liquor offences.
“Members of the public are reminded they can not to consume liquor in a public place and by doing so could face fines of $130,” A Queensland Police statement read.
Please expect delays and traffic congestion at the following Broadbeach road closures:
From (midday) 12.00pm on Wednesday May 15 to 11.00am on Monday May 20
• Surf Parade between Victoria Avenue and Queensland Avenue
• Queensland Avenue between Jubilee Avenue and Federation Avenue
• Victoria Avenue between Gold Coast Highway and Surf Parade
• Surf Parade between Victoria Avenue and Charles Avenue
• Local access only of Albert Avenue between Old Burleigh Road and Surf Parade
• Local access only of Surf Parade between Capricornia Avenue and Queensland Avenue
• Taxi rank will be relocated to Surf Parade bus-stop (between Victoria Avenue and Charles Avenue)
• Access to the Oasis Shopping Centre via Charles Avenue from 6pm, Thursday May 16 May to 2am, Monday May 20