Mum issues urgent warning after dry shampoo explodes in daughter’s car

A mother in the US has issued an urgent warning about the dangers of leaving aerosol cans in vehicles, after a dry shampoo can exploded in her daughter’s car, blowing off the sunroof.

Missouri woman Christine Bader Debrecht shared photos of the terrifying aftermath to Facebook, showing the damage the can did to the vehicle after it exploded through the roof.

“I really feel like I need to spread the word about this and hopefully prevent others from experiencing this damage or even injury,” Debrecht wrote.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


She said her 19-year-old daughter had left the can of dry shampoo in her middle console on Wednesday, and despite the lid of the console being closed, it didn’t stop the heat impacting the can.

“It was hot yesterday and the can exploded,” she said.

“It blew the console cover off of its hinges, shot through the sunroof, and went high enough in the air that it landed about 50 feet away.”

Thankfully no one was injured, however the frightening incident has prompted the teen’s mother to warn others about leaving aerosol cans in the car.

“I just want to remind you (and your kids) to heed those warnings on products you may be using,” Debrecht said.

“Please don’t leave aerosol cans (and especially dry shampoo, as this seems to be an issue with some brands) in your car!”I am so grateful that no one was hurt.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments