There’s growing confidence Sydney has avoided a major COVID-19 outbreak, with no new cases of community transmission recorded again today.
It comes after 22,153 people came forward for testing in the past 24 hours, up from 13,339 tests on Thursday.
“We thank the community for their response to calls for testing this week,” NSW Health said.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“The totals today reflect a fantastic community response.”
A new venue of concern has been identified and added to a list of locations visited by a couple from Sydney’s eastern suburbs who mysteriously contracted the virus earlier this week.
Anyone who attended the Woolworths Double Bay between 10.45am to 11.00am on Monday, May 3 is considered a casual contact and is being told to get tested immediately and isolate until a negative result is received.
“Continue to monitor for symptoms, and if they appear, get tested again,” NSW Health said.
Despite no new local cases being detected, a raft of new restrictions will remain in place in Sydney until at least midnight on Sunday.
They include mask wearing indoors, a limit of 20 people in the home, and no singing or dancing in indoor venues except weddings.
Authorities are continuing to urge anyone with even the mildest symptoms such as headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat or runny nose to come forward and get tested immediately.