TONIGHT’S New Year’s Eve fireworks are tipped to go ahead on the Gold Coast, despite a stormy start to the celebrations.
Five tonnes of explosives are primed to light up the sky over Surfers Paradise across three spectacular shows.
The beach will come alive at 8pm and again when the clock strikes midnight, while a special family show will be held in the riverside precinct at 10pm.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Although Surfers will host the Coast’s largest display, it wont be the only one, with fireworks being let off from Coolangatta to Ormeau.
New Year’s Eve fireworks on the Gold Coast
- Coolangatta Beach: 9pm & midnight
- North Kirra SLSC: 7:30pm
- Currumbin RSL: midnight
- Varsity Lakes: 8:30pm
- Broadbeach, Kurrawa Park: 8pm & midnight
- Surfers Paradise Beach: 8pm & midnight
- Surfers Paradise Riverside: 10pm
- Southport, Broadwater Parklands: 9pm
- Paradise Point Parklands: 9pm
- Coomera, Viney Park: 5pm to 9pm
- Ormeau, Brien Harris Oval: 9pm