There have been no new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Queensland, as health authorities try desperately to get control of the cluster linked to the Brisbane Youth Detention Centre.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk confirmed the news to parliament on Thursday.
“That’s the kind of news we all look forward to,” the Premier said.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
There are still 27 active cases in Queensland, all linked to the outbreaks across the Brisbane Youth Detention Centre, the Queensland Corrective Services Academy and Ipswich Hospital.
Health authorities have previously confirmed the outbreaks appear to be connected to the two young Logan woman who lied about travelling to Melbourne earlier in the year.
On Wednesday there were 10,147 COVID-19 tests done right across Queensland, seeing the state reach a new major milestone.
“We have now tested 1 million Queenslanders,” Ms Palaszczuk said.
“That is further testament to the extraordinary effort by Queenslanders in tackling this virus.”
Health Minister Steven Miles said it was a remarkable milestone.
“It took almost six months to reach 500,000 and only six weeks to double that and reach the magic million mark,” Mr Miles said.