The national coronavirus death toll has risen to 104, after the death of a man in New South Wales almost two months ago was reclassified as being COVID-19 related.
An 85-year-old man died in an aged care facility in Bankstown on April 27 despite previously testing negative.
It comes as New South Wales records four new cases, including a 7-year-old child.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
That positive test has forced the closure of Lane Cove West Public School.
“It does highlight that we have got evidence of COVID-19 transmissions, albeit at very low levels,” NSW Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant said.
The other three new cases involved returned overseas travellers with the State’s total number of cases now at 3162.
New South Wales has also seen a massive drop in the number of active cases, with just five people listed as still having the virus.
But Health Minister Brad Hazzard says now is not the time to be “cocky or complacent.”
“We need the community in Sydney particularly, but also in NSW, to realise that this virus is still amongst us,” Mr Hazzard said.