NSW Police to speak about disappearance of NSW toddler William Tyrrell

UPDATE @ 9.00am: NSW Police have stressed that they have not given up on the investigation into the disappearance of missing NSW toddler William Tyrrell, who vanished three years ago today.

Lead investigator, Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin, marked the third anniversary of William’s disappearance by outlining some of the ongoing work and the current status of the investigation at a news conference on Tuesday.

“Our team is mindful of the unresolved grief William’s family is feeling at the moment, and as investigators we are seeking to provide answers above all else,” Det Ch Insp Jubelin said.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


“The last 12 months hasn’t been any easier than previous years. We are frustrated that after three years we are not where we want to be… but we are still determined to find out what happened to young William.

Det Ch Insp Jubelin again appealed for anyone with information to come forward, however asked the community to use common sense.

“As part of our ongoing commitment to the investigation, we will ensure every report is followed-up, and three years on, we don’t want to chase up reports of three-year-olds running around dressed as Spiderman,” Det Ch Insp Jubelin said.

“We thank the community for their continued support, but in an investigation of this magnitude, all our investigative efforts need to go into pursuing information that leads us to William.

“What we really want is to hear from those who know what happened in that yard on 12 September 2014.

“We are interested in speaking to people who suspect someone they know may have information specifically related to his disappearance.

“And I’ll remind the public that NSW Police Force does not seek help from psychics, mediums and clairvoyants,” Det Ch Insp Jubelin said.

William Tyrrell was playing in the yard of his grandmother’s home on Benaroon Drive in Kendall when he disappeared about 10.30am on Friday 12 September 2014.

He was just three-years-old and dressed in his favourite Spiderman costume when he vanished.

Last year, the NSW Government announced a $1 million reward for information that leads to the recovery of William Tyrrell, which is still on offer.

Police are urging anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au/

EARLIER @ 6.30am: NSW Police are expected to speak publicly about their investigation into the disappearance of NSW toddler William Tyrrell today, three years after he vanished.

William Tyrrell was playing in the yard of his grandmother’s home on Benaroon Drive in Kendall when he disappeared about 10.30am on Friday 12 September 2014.

He was just three-years-old and dressed in his favourite Spiderman costume when he vanished.

Detectives and analysts from the State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad established Strike Force Rosann, and have been investigating the circumstances surrounding William’s disappearance ever since.

Whilst no one has yet been charged, a $1 million NSW Government reward is still on offer to anyone who has information that may assist investigators to bring William home.

Overnight, the missing toddler’s foster family released an emotional statement.

“3 years without you, 3 years of not knowing where you are, 3 years of keeping hope in our hearts that with every new tomorrow will come the day that you’ll be found.”

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments