NSW has recorded nine new cases of coronavirus in the past 24 hours, as people who attended a popular Sydney fitness centre are being told to isolate immediately.
Of the new cases, three are returned travellers who remain in hotel quarantine, while five a linked to known clusters.
The ninth case is from South Eastern Sydney and is under investigation as “no course has been identified at this point”.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
According to NSW Health, three of the locally acquired cases are linked to Concord Hospital, including two healthcare workers, as well as a visitor to the hospital who was mentioned on Monday.
The two healthcare workers worked at Concord Emergency Department, with contact tracing underway. However, the pair reported having no symptoms while at work and wore personal protective equipment while caring for patients.
Seven people linked to Concord and Liverpool Hospitals have now tested positive, with six of those being healthcare workers.
One of today’s other new cases is a boarding student at Kincoppal Rose Bay School of the Sacred Heart and is linked to the Sydney CBD cluster.
All boarders and staff in the boarding area have been identified as close contacts, with all boarding operations at the school now suspended, and students isolating at home with their families.
While another new case is a household contact of a previously reported case linked to the CBD cluster, which now stands at 66 cases.
Meanwhile, a number of popular venues have been put on alert, with anyone who visited the following locations at the times listed below now considered a “casual contact” and urged to monitor for symptoms and get tested immediately if they develop.
“After testing, you must remain in isolation until a negative test result is received,” NSW Health said.
- Charles St Kitchen, 78 Charles St Putney on 5 September between 10:45am – 11:30am
- Eastwood Ryde Netball Association, Meadowbank Park, Adelaide St West Ryde on 5 September between 12:15pm – 1:30pm. Some people who attended were close contacts and have been contacted directly to get tested and isolate for 14 days.
- Missing Spoon Café, 8 Railway Ave Wahroonga on 5 September between 4:45pm – 5:30pm.
- Croydon Park Pharmacy 172 Georges River Rd Croydon Park on 3 September between 1pm – 2pm.
However, anyone who attended Plus Fitness in Sydney’s northwest at the following times are considered “close contacts” and are being directed to get tested and isolate for 14 days, even if a negative test result is received:
- Plus Fitness, 47 Beecroft Rd Epping on 5 September between 9am – 10:15am.
In the past 24 hours, more than 12,494 people have been swabbed for the virus.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in NSW now stands at 3,937.