New South Wales has recorded just one new coronavirus case overnight but there’s been a jump in cases in Victoria.
A 7-year-old Sydney boy is the latest to be diagnosed in New South Wales, forcing the closure of Warragamba Public School.
Students are undertaking home learning while the school undergoes intensive cleaning.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Just 107 COVID-19 cases are still active in New South Wales with 14 patients currently in intensive care in hospital, 10 of those on ventilators.
The State’s death toll remains at 44.
The low rate of cases comes despite high testing rates in New South Wales with more than 5,500 people tested on Sunday.
New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian says the result is more good news, while also praising residents for their behaviour over the weekend after some restrictions were eased.
“Whilst we had been with some tough restrictions in the last few weeks, that over the weekend we’re very pleased with everybody respecting the rules and regulations and again a huge thank you to our citizens,” Ms Berjiklian said.
“This gives us heart that with the downloading of the COVIDS-afe app and the fact that everybody is trying to do the right thing, that we can move forward with confidence in looking at other restrictions to ease.”
Meantime Victoria has recorded 22 new cases overnight from more than 13,000 tests.
A total of 19 of those are linked to a cluster at a Melbourne meat processing factory.
Two cases are returned travellers while one case is still under investigation.