One new COVID-19 case in Victoria, new restrictions in place

VICTORIAN health authorities have confirmed one new positive case of COVID-19, as the cluster in Melbourne’s north continues to grow.

It comes after four new locally acquired cases of coronavirus were confirmed on Monday. They include two men, a woman and a child, who are all close relatives.

The new case is a man in his 60’s, who has been deemed a close contact with ‘case one’.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Acting Premier James Merlino said they believe this new case could be the missing link health experts had been looking for as he was displaying symptoms before the other four cases.

Genomic sequencing from the four cases also also been completed and has been closely linked to the Wollert outbreak, which originated from a quarantine hotel in South Australia.

The Acting Premier also confirmed a range of new restrictions would also come into affect from 6pm on Tuesday.

Private gatherings in the home will now be limited to five per day.

Public gatherings will also be limited to 30 people and face masks will need to be worn by indoors by everyone over the age of 12 unless an exemption applies.

“This is all based on public health advice,” Mr Merlino said.

“This is about giving our contact traces the time they need to track this matter down and get on top of it.”

CLICK HERE FOR A FULL LIST OF EXPOSURE SITES – https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites

Subscribe
Notify of
1 Comment
oldest
newest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Close the Victoria-NSW borders!
Build a wall and make Daniel Andrews pay for it all! 🤣😂😆🤣😂😆