Person hospitalised after fire breaks out in Gold Coast home

A person has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a home in Molendinar in the early hours of Thursday morning.

It started in the rear of the duplex along Coachwood Drive around 1.30am.

The five residents, which included two men, two women and a one-year-old boy, all managed to get out of the home safely.


However one person, believed to be one of the males, was taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital after suffering smoke inhalation.

Queensland Ambulance have confirmed they are in a stable condition.

An electrical cord fault is believed to be behind the blaze, but investigations continue.

Queensland Police say the home was significantly damaged and is now uninhabitable.