A PHOTOGRAPHER has been charged with raping a number of women at a modeling studio in Newcastle.
Detectives commended an investigation after a 19-year-old woman told police she was sexually assaulted during a photo shoot at the Gateshead studio in June 2017.
During the course of their investigation, officers seized a computer allegedly containing more than 300,000 images. Police said a number of the photographs were sexually explicit.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
As a result, police spoke with two further women, both of whom are now aged 25, who also reported being sexually assaulted at the same modeling studio earlier this year, and back in 2012.
After raiding a house in Gateshead on Tuesday, a 54-year-old man attended Belmont Police station on Wednesday.
He was arrested and charged with eight counts of assault with act of indecency, four counts of sexual intercourse without consent and two counts of procuring a person (not prostitute) for prostitution.
The 54-year-old was also charged with three counts of inciting a person over the age of 16 to commit indecent acts.
He was remanded in custody and will spend the night behind bars before fronting Newcastle Local Court tomorrow.
Investigations by detectives are ongoing.
You can report also information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers by calling 1800 333 000 or via nsw.crimestoppers.com.au 24 hours per day. Crime Stoppers is a registered charity and community volunteer organisation.