UPDATE at 1:50 PM on WEDNESDAY | FIVE men who were caught on CCTV running naked through a McDonald’s filled with families at Newcastle have handed themselves into police.
NSW Police yesterday released images of the men who were captured running through the King St restaurant in their birthday suits just after 6.30pm on November 10.
Police said two of the man allegedly used large “fake appendages” to conceal their manhood during the ‘nudie run’.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Three hours after releasing the embarrassing images, police confirmed that the men had been found and spoken to and had agreed to attend Newcastle Police Station where they’ll be charged.
Newcastle City Crime Manager Detective Chief Inspector Peter Mahon told News Corp the group is facing very serious charges, “at the very least an offensive behaviour charge”, he said.
NOTE: All identifying images and details have since been released from this article.
EARLIER at 12:12 PM on TUESDAY: POLICE have released images of five naked men they are hoping to identify following an ‘offensive behaviour incident’ in Newcastle earlier this month.
Officers said that around 6.40pm on Friday 10 November, the five men were captured on CCTV entering a fast-food restaurant on Kings Street while dressed in nothing but their ‘birthday suit’.
“Two of the men were seen to have an object covering their modesty,” police said in a statement.
Investigations into the incident are underway, with police appealing for help from the public to identify the men.
Newcastle City Crime Manager, Detective Chief Inspector Peter Mahon said while the incident may appear amusing to some, there were several families with small children in the restaurant at the time.
“Police are investigating this display of offensive behaviour and are seeking assistance from the public to identify the males”.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Newcastle Police or Crime Stoppers.