Stab

Counter-terror police called in to investigate fatal petrol station stabbing

UPDATE @ 11am: Two teenage boys will be extradited from the ACT to New South Wales, after being charged with the murder of a service station worker.

The two youths, aged 15 and 16, faced the ACT Children’s Court in Canberra on Saturday morning following their arrest on Friday morning.

It came after an alleged 10-hour rampage on Thursday night that included the stabbing death of a 29-year-old man at a Queanbeyan petrol station.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Officers from the Joint Counter Terrorism Task Force (JCTT) have also been called in to investigate the incident, amid belief the older boy has links to terrorism.

EARLIER Friday @ 1.30pm: Counter-terror police have taken over the investigation into a bloody crime spree, which left one man dead and three others injured near Canberra.

Two teenage boys, aged 15 and 16, were arrested this morning on the Monaro Highway in the ACT after allegedly going on a 10-hour rampage in the suburb of Queanbeyan overnight.

The pair is accused of stabbing a service station attendant to death, knifing another man in the abdomen, bashing a third with a trye iron and a fourth with a beer bottle.

Monaro police commander Superintendent Rod Smith said the attacks were “absolutely horrific”.

A NSW Police spokesperson confirmed to myGC that the NSW Police Joint Counter Terrorism Unit has now taken over the investigation.

According to The Australian, police are investigating whether the teens accused of the barbaric attacks had been radicalised.

NSW police confirmed to myGC that there is no ongoing threat to the community.

EARLIER @ 10.30am: Two teenage boys have been arrested after a man was stabbed to death and another critically injured in Queanbeyan.

Just before midnight, emergency services were called to a service station on Bungendore Road after an employee arrived at work to find his co-worker seriously injured.

Paramedics desperately tried to save the 29-year-old man, however he died at the scene.

Following inquiries, police allege that at about 6.20am this morning, the two teens stabbed a second man on Southwell Place at Queanbeyan, before fleeing the scene in a silver Ford Falcon.

The man was treated at the scene, before being taken to hospital for treatment.

Police located the wanted vehicle a short time later, and after failing to stop, a short pursuit commenced.

The teens were eventually taken into custody on the Monaro Highway in the ACT.

They were taken to ACT Watch House, where NSW Police will seek their extradition back to NSW.

EARLIER @ 7.30am: A service station employee has been stabbed to death at Queanbeyan in southern New South Wales.

Just before midnight, emergency services were called to a service station on Bungendore Road after an employee arrived at work to find his co-worker seriously injured.

Paramedics desperately tried to save the 29-year-old man, however he died at the scene.

Police are now hunting two teenage boys who they believe may be able to assist them.

The two boys are believed to be aged about 15 and 16-years-old and are likely to be together.

Members of the public are urged not to approach the teens if they locate them, but to contact Triple zero (000) immediately.

Police said the premises was extensively damaged during the incident.

 

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments