Saturday, 18 July 2015 09:51:22 AM
Police will prepare a report for the information of the Coroner after the death of a man at Greystanes yesterday where ‘heat-beads’ were found next to his bed.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
About 7.40pm on Friday 17 July 2015 the brother of a 29-year-old man entered the bedroom of a home in Old Prospect Road.
After attempting to rouse his brother without success the man and a friend conveyed the 29-year-old to Westmead Hospital.
The man could not be revived and police from Holroyd Local Area Command were contacted.
Forensic specialists examined the body and then attended the home to examine the deceased’s bedroom.
During that search a frying pan full of heat beads was located next to the bed.
Next to the frying pan was an electric heater.
At this time investigators believe that the deceased had been attempting to heat the room with the heat beads and suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.
A post mortem examination will be conducted as investigators continue with their inquiries.
A report outlining the full circumstances surrounding the man’s death will be prepared for the information of the Coroner.