POLICE have launched an investigation after needles were reportedly found in strawberries bought at a Woolworths in Logan.
A Logan father has said he found the needles in two different strawberries while making lunch for his six-year-old daughter on Thursday.
“I was gutted, my daughter could have choked on that,” he told Seven News.
It’s understood the strawberries were purchased from the Woolworths store in Meadowbrook.
Staff have removed all stock from the shelves overnight while police investigate. It’s believed no other needles have been found.
It all comes nearly two years after the Australian strawberry industry was plunged into crisis following a series of similar incidents right across the country.
A Queensland woman was charged over a number of those contamination cases which police believe lead to a string of copycat offences.