Police probe possible break-in at Gold Coast restaurant following gas leak

Gold Coast police are investigating a possible break-in at a restaurant in Helensvale following a gas leak this morning.

Emergency crews including police, firies and paramedics, were called to the restaurant on Discovery Drive just before 11.00am, after a woman became overcome by gas fumes.

Queensland Police told myGC that a gas knob is believed to have been left on.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Whilst on scene, it was also established that the premises may have been broken into and vandalised.

An investigation into the possible break-in remains ongoing, with detectives urging anyone with information to come forward.

The woman was treated by paramedics for minor injuries and has been taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital in a stable condition.

If you have information for Police, please contact Policelink on 131 444 or provide information using their online form 24 hours per day.

You can also report information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers by calling 1800 333 000 or via crimestoppersqld.com.au 24 hours per day. Crime Stoppers is a registered charity and community volunteer organisation.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments