MORE than a dozen types of bread rolls sold at leading supermarkets including Coles and Woolworths have been recalled in NSW and the ACT over fears they may have metal shavings in them.
The NSW Food Authority says the 17 products include Coles’ White Round Rolls six-pack, Mighty Soft Hot Dog six-pack and IGA Bakers Oven Hamburger Roll six-pack – scroll down for a full list.
The affected buns and rolls have the best before date of October 2, 2016, and were sold at Coles, Woolworths, Metcash/IGA, corner stores and various food outlets across NSW and in the ACT.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The NSW Food Authority said the recall was issued following reports that shards of metal from the processing equipment were found in some bread products.
“This recall is the result of the potential presence of foreign matter – metal pieces – which may cause injury if consumed,” the authority says.
“Consumers should not eat this product. If you are concerned about your health you should seek medical advice.
“The product can be returned to the place of purchase for a full refund. For more information contact Quality Bakers Australia Pty Limited on 1800 810 599 or via www.goodmanfielder.com.”
Here is the full recall list:
- Coles White Round Rolls 6 Pack, plastic film
- Coles Smartbuy 6 Hamburger Rolls, plastic film
- Coles Smartbuy 6 Hot Dog Rolls, plastic film
- Coles White Long Roll 6 Pack, plastic film
- Mighty Soft Hot Dog P6, plastic film
- Mighty Soft Hamburger 5″ P6, plastic film
- IGA Bakers Oven White Round Roll P6, plastic film
- IGA Bakers Oven Hot Dog Roll P6, plastic film
- IGA Bakers Oven Hamburger Roll P6, plastic film
- Hot Dog P6 Top Slice, plastic film
- Hamburger Jumbo 5″ P12 Bulk, plastic film
- UB White Round Batch Roll P6, plastic film
- UB White SD SUB P6, plastic film
- UB White SD Round Roll 4″ P6, plastic film
- UB White Hot Dog Roll 7″ P6, plastic film
- UB AMERICAN SLD 5″ Hamburger Roll P6, plastic film
- UB White SUB P6, plastic film