A popular French fitness and lifestyle blogger has been killed after a whipped cream dispenser exploded and hit her in the chest.
Rebecca Burger’s family shared the heartbreaking news on her social media accounts on Wednesday.
“It is with great sadness we announce the death of Rebecca who died June 18th in an accident in the home,” the post reads.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Burger’s family then warned people about the dangers of using the dispenser, which claimed their daughters life.
“Here is an example of a siphon that exploded and crashed into Rebecca’s chest, causing her death,”
“The siphon which caused her death was sealed. Don’t use this product in your homes! Tens of thousands of the faulty devices are already in circulation.”
Voici un exemple de siphon à chantilly qui a explosé et percuté le thorax de Rebecca, entraînant son décès. Précision : le siphon qui a engendré sa mort quant à lui été mis sous scellé. N’utilisez pas ce genre d’ustensile chez vous ! Plusieurs dizaines de milliers d’appareils défectueux sont encore en circulation.
Judging from the 32-year-old’s Instagram page, Ms Burger was an inspiration to many, with more than 188,000 followers.
“We are sorry to announce the sad news of losing this beautiful soul. Our French athlete Rebecca Burger passed away,” Fitness store Women’s Best posted on Instagram.
“Rebecca was not only a great fitness figure but a generous and kind person to work with. Please pray for her soul to rest in peace and for her family to stay strong.
“We will always be proud of you, Rebecca.”
We are sorry to announce the sad news of losing this beautiful soul. Our french athlete Rebecca Burger (@RebeccaBlikes) passed away. Rebecca was not only a great fitness figure but a generous and kind person to work with. Please pray for her soul to rest in peace and for her family to stay strong. We will always be proud of you Rebecca ❤