“I heard the crunch”: Little girl’s hand chopped up in horror blender accident

A LITTLE girl has undergone emergency surgery after her hand was chopped up in a juice blender in a freak accident at a house near Geelong, southeast of Melbourne.

The pre-school aged girl somehow managed to get her hand caught inside the juicing machine while it was switched on at a home in Portarlington, around 30km south of Geelong, on Friday morning.

Paramedics were called to the house around 7.30am and arrived to find the little girl with her hand still wedged in the machine. It’s understood her fingers had been severed by the blades.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


“I heard the crunch and I turned around and her hand was fully stuck in the machine,” the little girl’s father told K Rock radio. “All she said was ‘I hope my fingers don’t die dad’.”

The girl’s father told the radio station his little daughter didn’t shed a tear once throughout the horrific ordeal.

The brave youngster was rushed to Geelong Hospital in a serious condition with her hand still caught up in the machine. She’s now recovering in a stable condition after undergoing emergency surgery.