Residents on the northern Gold Coast are being invited to have their say on a few new train stations planned for the area.
The state government is looking to build stations at Pimpama, Helensvale North and Merrimac as part of the Cross River Rail project.
The Pimpama station has now been further refined since early works began in January, but officials are still seeking further feedback.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
New train stations are being built at Pimpama, Helensvale North and Merrimac as part of the Cross River Rail project.
— Annastacia Palaszczuk (@AnnastaciaMP) July 11, 2021
Early investigations have also concluded the following about the projects:
- Flora and fauna surveys have found no recorded threatened species at the station site
- Cultural heritage assessments undertaken during the development of the business case identified no areas of cultural significance.
- Flood and surface water modelling indicates the proposed design does not impact stormwater drainage, flood and surface water levels
- Noise monitoring was undertaken to inform management strategies
- Geotechnical assessments were undertaken to confirm ground conditions
Early construction works on the Pimpama station access road are planned to start in late 2021 with major construction commencing in 2022.
For more information, head to the state government’s website on the Cross River Rail here.