RESTRICTIONS on private gatherings and camping grounds will be eased across Queensland ahead of the Easter holidays.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk confirmed on Thursday morning, gatherings of up to 100 people will be allowed in homes, which had previously been capped at 50.
Gatherings outside will also increase from 100 to 500.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
There will no longer be a limit on the number of people allowed at campsites across the state, who are currently only allowed to accommodate one person per two square metres.
The changes come into effect from 1am on Saturday, March 13.
“It means Easter campaign holidays with more friends, more business for our tourism operators and much more money in our tourism towns,” Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk told state parliament.
“[The changes] also means the return to workplaces and a greater number of workers in our CBD which is really important.
“It means more money into our sandwich bars and our coffee shops who’ve been missing out on their customers.
“This is yet more evidence of our lives and economy returning to normal.”
The number of people who can be in a lift in highrise buildings has also increased from four to six.
“That makes holidays in beachfront highrises a bit more enjoyable,” the Premier said.
There were another five cases of COVID-19 detected in Queensland in the last 24 hours, all in returned overseas travellers in hotel quarantine.
It takes the number of active cases in the state to 41.