Brisbane International Airport security matter ‘resolved without incident’

UPDATE @ 11.30 AM | A SECURITY matter at Brisbane International Airport has been “resolved without incident”.

Security screening at the airport came to a halt on Friday morning following a security incident, which caused major delays to flights.

Brisbane Airport confirmed in an earlier tweet that the screening area had been closed while Queensland Police investigate a ‘security matter’.


They have since revealed the matter has been resolved and that they are “working hard to get operations back on track”.

“The security matter has been resolved without incident,” the airport said in a tweet.

“Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.”

Travellers are being urged to check their flight status with their individual airline.

“Check the flight schedule or with your airline for info on flight status

EARLIER @ 9.50 AM | Security screening at Brisbane International Airport has now reopened, however a police investigation into a ‘security matter’ at the International Terminal remains ongoing.

Brisbane Airport alerted passengers to the update via a tweet on their official account a short time ago.

“Security screening at the International Terminal has re-opened,” the tweet reads.

They confirmed an investigation into a ‘security matter’ was still underway.

“The investigation with the security matter at the International Terminal is ongoing,” an additional tweet from the airport reads.

“Some passengers are being re-screened.”

Travellers are being warned to expect delays as a result.

“A number of international flights will be delayed. Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.”

EARLIER @ 9.30 AM | Security screening at Brisbane International has been ceased this morning as Qld police investigate a ‘security matter’ at the airport.

Brisbane Airport alerted travellers to the incident via a comment on social media on Friday morning.

“A security matter is being investigated by QPS,” the tweet reads.

“As a precaution the security screening has ceased at this time while the investigation continues, leading to some queues.

“We hope to have the area cleared shortly to recommence screening. Thank you for your patience.”