Parents are being warned of a nationwide recall involving a ‘potentially deadly’ fidget spinner.
The recalled LED fidget spinner was advertised and sold online through Groupon between May and June this year.
According to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, the affected spinners “do not have a secured battery compartment”.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“If young children gain access to the button batteries and ingest them they may suffer internal burn injuries which can result in serious illness and even death,” the recall notice reads.
“In addition, the batteries may pose a choking hazard to young children.”
People have been told to immediately stop using the recalled spinners.
You can contact Groupon at contact.groupon.com.au. Select your product for return and use reference code LED01.