Reptiles killed after Gold Coast garage erupts in flames

A number of reptiles have been killed after a fire broke out in an Upper Coomera garage.

A 32-year-old man, who is a licensed reptile handler, was alerted by the smell of smoke at the Currawong Crescent property around 11.40pm on Tuesday night.

The man discovered flames in the garage where a number of reptile enclosures were kept.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Fire crews were called to the home and managed to contain the blaze to the garage.

The fire is believed to have been sparked by a power board and is not being treated as suspicious.

Police say there was no significant damage to the home, however, a number of reptiles perished in the fire.