Woman hospitalised after Labrador unit blaze

A woman has been hospitalised after a fire broke out inside a Labrador unit.

The small blaze erupted at an apartment along Marine Parade around 9.30pm on Friday.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Service spokesperson told myGC the fire is believed to have been sparked by a lithium battery from a motorised scooter.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


The residents of the unit managed to extinguish the blaze before fire crews arrived on scene, however, firies spent around half an hour ventilating the property.

A woman, aged in her 30s, was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation before being taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital in a stable condition.