Residents escape injury after mattress goes up in flames at Gold Coast unit

Emergency crews rushed to a unit in Broadbeach last night after a fire broke out in one of the rooms.

It happened at a property along Old Burleigh Road just after 6.30 pm.

Two fire crews responded, reporting that a whole mattress had caught on fire.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


They had the blaze extinguished pretty quickly, while paramedics were on standby at the scene.

Luckily, no injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire hasn’t been confirmed.